Diversity, equity and inclusion
“A room full of people who look and act the same are rarely going to change the world. By embracing our differences, we can build something stronger.”
With partners in more than 120 countries around the world, advancing workplace diversity is more important today than ever before.
La Marzocco embraces its multicultural identity, and the Company is committed to building a team of professionals with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views.
Simply stated, La Marzocco believes inclusion can open minds to new ways of thinking that may be hidden – ways that may never be discovered alone.
Therefore, only by embracing differences can you achieve the extraordinary.
As a company with thousands of machines in cafes and businesses around the world, we have the responsibility and opportunity to not just improve our company’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans, but to also drive change in the industry we serve.
The importance of our missions encompasses hands-on educational progress, company policies and external support.
- Institutionalizing a transversal committee called People & Culture aimed at cultivating La Marzocco’s culture and value set
- Establishing an agreement with local organizations and schools to create job opportunities for young adults struggling with economic and/or social hardship
- Employing individuals seeking political asylum
- Enabling educational opportunities through scholarships
- Supporting colleagues struggling with health conditions
- Offering legal support for staff who have faced issues with the law
In the past, we have partnered with external agents, subject matter experts who have assisted in addressing our Inclusion & Diversity practices from a cultural, societal, historical, and economic standpoint – and how that translates into processes and procedures within our organization.
This work has resulted in a long-term roadmap aiming to reinforce and enhance the culture of diversity within the company, which translates in the following actions:
- Staff engagement initiatives to give our staff the opportunity to express anything they feel is relevant and their thoughts on DEI at La Marzocco
- A cultural audit to understand La Marzocco staff’s perception around the company
- Policy definition and execution, to identify where and how we can best embed principles to align with our DEI strategy as well as our overall business strategy
- Training programs, such as “unconscious bias” classes and intercultural communication workshops, for all staff focusing on supporting our awareness, knowledge, understanding and skills.