- This event has passed.
Let’s Fix It! Los Angeles – Day One
February 22, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm PSTFree
Spend the day with us in a hands-on workshop hosted by industry leading women specializing in technical repair work. This workshop is designed to encourage baristas to explore some of the basic skills required to repair and maintain brewing and grinding equipment.
Let’s Fix It! focuses on encouraging women to become equipment technicians, but is open to any & all. Together, we’ll go through an introduction to the skills needed to become an equipment tech, with each session being taught by leading women in the technical field of the Coffee Industry. At the end of each event, you’ll walk away with the knowledge set and skills to take greater ownership of your coffee equipment, and be started on the path to become an equipment tech.
Throughout the day, we’ll cover:
- A Guided Tour through an Espresso Machine
- Preventative Maintenance and Basic Troubleshooting
- Grinder Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Rebecca Jones: Wholesale Technical Services for Couter Culture Coffee
- Sheli Maciel: Senior Educator & Training Specialist for Allegro Coffee
- Sarah Dullas: Equipment Technician for Black Rabbit Service
- Rachel Dickinson: Aftersales Support Technician for La Marzocco
Snacks and beverages provided. Coffee provided by Counter Culture Coffee.