That’s no minestrone. It’s one of two custom La Marzocco Mistrals destined for Stumptown Portland. Under the hood specs:
- Mechanical Paddle - for variable pressure soft preinfusion
- Individual boilers
- Individual pumps
- Independent PID controllers
- Preheater – controlled preheating of incoming water
FYI, all La Marzocco machines can be customized via LM Works.
This is SOOOOO seXy! So much so that it puts the “X” in sexy.
Heart Roasters fancies tasty coffees, understated cool decor, and sexy espresso machines. To fulfill their hearts, they have custom fabricated wood side panels and group caps on their La Marzocco Mistral. See below for drool inducing wood+metal goodness.
Heart’s wood Mistral
Oh yeah, they roast coffee, too. Did I mention the man behind Heart is “the” Wille Yli-Luoma?
- Roasting hearts.
- A badass bar featuring a custom Mistral and a custom painted Synesso.
- Four Barrel Coffee’s Mistral
In Jeremy Tooker’s newest venture, he combined lots of wood furniture, open space, wall mounted dead animal heads, dedicated cupping table, and, of course, awesome coffee. All of this resulted in what’s commonly referred to as Four Barrel Coffee in the Mission district of SF. Recently, they have just turned one year old, and they are sure doing well, pulling kickass espressos on their double Mistrals. They roast onsite and, if you’re in town, definitely check them out! They are literally down the street from another seriously excellent roaster, Ritual Coffee.
- Animal heads and lots of coffee. Is that a wet boar note I taste in the coffee?