This is an informational preview of the Strada debut at SCAA. No, it’s not about the iPad app, though we do have something similar to that in the works. What will be shown are stage 3 prototypes of 2 models of Strada.
You can download the information here.
TOTAL CONTROL PLUS REAL PRESSURE PROFILING
Advancing espresso brewing technology to new frontiers, La Marzocco introduces the Strada, a new machine that allows the barista, for the first time, to have absolute and direct control of pressure throughout the extraction.
DESIGNED FOR & BY BARISTAS
Strada is the first espresso machine created with continuous design involvement by the La Marzocco Street Team, comprised of the world’s top baristas and barista champions, overseeing such topics as:
- Machine design and ergonomics
- Extraction and quality in the cup
- Programmability and serviceability
Combined with La Marzocco’s industry leading engineering and 6 years of R&D, Strada is for the serious barista.
REAL PRESSURE PROFILING
Pressure profiling is able to bring out different flavor components to effect the balance and body of the shot, and tends to produce a rounder, softer espresso that highlights brightness, sweetness, and delicate notes.
Strada is the only espresso machine that gives the barista direct control of pressure at any point during an extraction. This opens up infinite possibilities for varying the quality of extraction and is the most exciting advancement in espresso machines today.
Strada is a completely new platform from La Marzocco, available in two versions: Mechanical Paddle and Electronic Variable Pump.
Direct control of water flow and pressure mechanically via an internal valve, thus allowing pressure profiling.
Electronic Variable Pump
Precise progressive pressure control via proprietary gear pumps*. Programmable and repeatable pressure profiles for infinite possibilities.
- Engineered based on feedback from the La Marzocco Street Team, an elite group of the world’s top baristas and barista champions
- Low machine profile and minimalistic design
- Stainless steel body panels with exposed groups
- Fully articulated, lever actuated steam wands
- Cast aluminum side panel with glass inserts
- All new, barista-friendly & ergonomic design
- Real time actual brew pressure gauge per group
- Paddle controls increasing or decreasing brew pressure at any point during the extraction from 0 to 12 bar
- Wider drain tray with adjustable height
- Back-lit gauges and displays
- One pump, one pre-heater, one mix valve, one coffee boiler, one PID, and one real time brew pressure gauge PER GROUP
- Paddle controlled motor speed for variable pressure*, programmable and infinitely repeatable
- Jog wheel programming interface
- Internally mounted pumps
- ETL and NSF approved